PLARNit Project: Learn About Creative Ways to Reuse Plastic Grocery Bags
A fun hands on program focused on helping to save the environment.
Join Entrepreneur, Small Business Owner and community activist, Melisa Maxey, who will help educate participants about the plastics problem and how an individual can help. This program will focus on re-purposing plastic bags into plarn (short for plastic yarn). Melisa will show participants how to use plarn instead of regular yarn to crochet sturdy, reusable tote bags, purses, and other new items of long-term usefulness. Gifts are included, and all ages are welcome!
- Sunday, April 16, 3 p.m., Duncan/Traner
- Monday, April 17, 5:30 p.m., Incline Village
- Tuesday, April 18, 4 p.m., Sierra View
- Thursday, April 20, 4 p.m., South Valleys
- Wednesday, April 26, 5:30 p.m., North Valleys
- Saturday, April 29, noon, Sparks
- Sunday, April 30, 11 a.m., Spanish Springs
- Sunday, April 30, 3 p.m., Downtown Reno
This free program has been generously provided by Washoe County, Washoe County Library System, and Friends of Washoe County Library.
There are currently no similar stories.